Do you own a business and have a website to promote it? Or are you a blogger who is looking to expand your audience? Whatever your website venture may be, utilize the following tips to make sure that people keep coming back.
- 1/ Keep Content Fresh Web surfers are not going to visit your website multiple times if it says the same thing every time they are there. Make sure that your content is up-to-date and new. If you blog about fashion, include the latest fashion trends or fashion shows on your webpage. If you own a small, clothing business, be sure to update styles seasonally at the least.
- 2.Use SEO Strategies Consider using some search engine optimization strategies. Visitors might remember the content of your site, but forget the exact URL. By using SEO techniques that bring your site to the top of Google searches, you can ensure that people will find you again by typing in words and phrases closely associated with your topic.
- 3. Sneak Peeks Perhaps you own a store where you run special deals from time to time. If that’s the case, post a message that says that deals will be coming soon. Potential and returning clients will know that they should keep checking back to see when it’s posted.
- Advertise! What happens if you start a blog and post the link to it only once on your Facebook? Well, most likely, people will read it only once. Promote your blog or website every time that you have a new post through social media sites to ensure that the visitors keep on comin’.
- Offer Deals Another way to get people to return to your website time and time again is to offer deals and promotions for repeat customers. For example, you could give customers one point for every dollar that they spend, and when they reach a certain number of points, allow them to select an item for free.
- Fresh Format Too Changing the content of your website frequently is important, but so is updating the format and color schemes. People get tired of seeing the same old background every single day. Instead of just making the information mentally stimulating, make sure that the layout, fonts and so forth are visually enticing as well.
- Advertisements on Sites Do you have a friend or networking associate who runs a business or website that has some similarities with yours? If that’s the case, you should help each other out. Place ads for the other person’s business or website on your own, and ask him or her to do the same. When people visit one of the sites, they will be reminded to check out the other one as well.
Creating a website that people will visit is hard enough without worrying about generating repeat traffic. However, making sure that you know your audience, their interests and other websites that they may frequent is a major part of creating such a strategy. Remember to constantly reach out to interested parties to further expand your business.
Ashley Timmson writes about marketing, business & more at backgroundcheck.org.
- 21 SEO Leaders Share Their Best SEO Career Advice (seomoz.org)
- 10 Free Tools Every Business Blogger Should Bookmark (hubspot.com)